The sewer line is the most important part of the house. It is also the most difficult to understand. It is usually never obvious, where it is located or why pipes are clogged. The worst part about this whole situation is that you may not even know that there are problems until your sewer is backed up or your sink stops draining.
The most common problem with the sewer line is the roots of trees that invade it and cause blockage.
A power drain auger can be used in different applications – for removing tree roots, boulders, rocks, concrete chunks, or other debris in toilet drains or septic tanks drain has overflowed and ruined your property.
Read More: What is a Drain Auger?
Why Should You Use A Power Drain Auger?
A power drain auger is an excellent drain tool that is used to clear difficult blockages and is capable of cleaning long stretches of drains.
Using this tool, one can use less effort and time when removing debris from the blocked drains.
A power drain auger is an electric-powered device used for excavation. It provides fast and efficient removal of tree roots, rocks, tree stumps, boulders, and other obstructions in sewer lines.
This comes equipped with several features that make it suitable for different applications.
Check out how to use a handheld drain auger
Power Drain Auger Cost
The cost to use a power drain auger is typically economical. Prices vary depending upon the manufacturer and model of the machine.
There are not very many maintenance costs needed for this equipment, so it can save you money in the long run. The case may be different if you own an older model of the power drain auger that needs maintenance or repairs.
Power Drain Auger: How to Buy?
You should consider which features are most important to you so you can choose the right power drain auger for your needs. Here are some of the top features to consider when buying a power drain auger:
- Before buying a power drain auger, make sure the cable you purchase is the right diameter for your pipes.
- If you choose a too-small cable, it will not clear the obstruction and you might have to return and try another size.
- Also, if you buy a too-large diameter, it could get stuck in your drain lines.
- The standard cable length is 25 feet. However, some power drain augers come equipped with longer cables that can reach up to 100 feet.
- In most cases, 50 feet is enough to go through a standard-sized home.
- For the cable, I would recommend buying a solid core cable.
- This type of cable has higher toughness, does not tangle, and gets through tough clogs.
- You should consider buying a power drain auger with interchangeable cutters for more versatility.
- Having the option to use different types of cutters gives you more control over how you clear out your sewers or drains.
- The higher the wattage, the faster and more powerful your power drain auger will be.
- A machine with lower watts might not be as effective or powerful as one that is designed with high wattage.
- Comes in 250W to 370W.
Best Power Drain Auger in Amazon
Before buying a power drain auger, make sure to measure the size of your sewer line and also check if the drainpipe is big enough.
You might want to consider purchasing a model with replaceable parts. This will allow you to simply replace worn-out or broken components and keep the power drain auger running for years to come.
Some drain augers are bundled with different attachments that allow you to use them on several types of applications.
It is advisable to buy from a reputable company that sells quality equipment. This ensures that you get better service and adequate warranties for any repairs or replacements in case something goes wrong.
Cleaning a blocked drain can be done in an easy and affordable way if you know how to use a power drain auger correctly.
If you’re ready to start using this machine, remember to always wear safety goggles and gloves while operating the equipment. Follow all manufacturer’s instructions before starting the process for best results. Keep these tips in mind to use the machine safely and effectively.